Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 2

Hello to the few remaining challengers!  This challenge must be harder than people thought, because I had 12 people tell me they were definitely in, and a few more maybes.  Looks like they all tried it the first week and ???  Oh well, I would still do it even if I was doing it all by myself.  I know we are really not in it for the money anyway.
   Week 2 was a little more challenging than week 1 for us due to being in Boise for 3 days.  It's a lot harder to eat right and exercise when you go out of town, but we still made a valiant effort!
  Heather reports 102 points and Jim reports 109.  We both used myfitnesspal.com (also a great app for your ipod/ipad/iphone and it's free---check it out) to track our eating for 3 days in a row.  I am always surprised how many calories are in certain things that I would never have thought about being so high in calories.  It would drive you crazy to count calories all the time, but once in a while it's a good reminder to be careful about your food choices. :)
  So, on to the challenge for week 3. (Sorry we're already at the end of the first day of this week) Eat 5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables for 5 out of the 7 days...I know we already missed out on today, but if you happened to get your fruits and veggies in today, yay for you!  So an example of getting your required amount in the day could be this: banana(1) with breakfast, an apple(2) and some carrot sticks(3) with lunch, steamed veggies(4) and watermelon(5) with dinner---pretty easy right?  If you do get 5 servings 5 out of the 7 days, give yourself 6 points.  Otherwise, just give yourself 1 point for each day you do it.
Keep up the good work everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment